We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
Medical, Dental & Vison Insurance
Best in Class 401k Plan
12 Paid Holidays + 120 Hours Vacation/year
Discount on Medical Premium $500/year
Basic Life Insurance - no cost
Legal and Pet Insurance
IFF is seeking a Distribution Operator for our New Century Distribution site. If you are outgoing, motivated, and looking to start a career where you can learn and grow, then this is the role for you!
As the Distribution Operator, your responsibilities consist of shipping, receiving and general warehouse maintenance. The incumbent will also be responsible for filling and preparing customer orders and accounting for inventory on hand.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Must possess organizational skills to proper receive inbound and ship outbound shipments.
* Prepare required documentation in a timely manner.
* Process materials receipt for production and/or general office operations by receiving and properly storing raw materials, packaging, and finished product and verifying documents.
* Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practices for the care, handling, and storage of food products; and report any known or observed violations to management.
* Apply labels to container (bag or drum) of raw material as required.
* Able to read computer generated reports.
* Able to distinguish product names, resource numbers, lot numbers and warehouse locations.
* Able to accurately verify weights and amounts through mathematical calculations.
* Operate a forklift in a safe manner.
* Able to obtain raw material samples using standard antiseptic methods.
* Able to lift up to and including 55 pound packages in a safe manner.
* Must possess organizational skills to ensure customer orders are accurately filled by safely removing finished product from warehouse and transferring to the truck or trailer, verifying paperwork and preparing required documentation in a timely manner.
* Must possess organizational skills to prepare and make shipments in a timely manner.
* Ensure stability and accuracy of pallets by properly stacking, stretch wrapping, verifying labels/lot numbers and checking package conditions.
* Accurately record data, input data into computer and fully check the shipment as required.
* Complete paperwork so that proper records may be maintained.
* Must possess knowledge of all materials to ensure against foreign contamination or unusual physical qualities.
* Maintain warehouse by cleaning and straightening work area as needed.
* Must possess and exhibit good verbal communication skills to communicate with all departments and coworkers to alert management of problems or needs to ensure proper continuous operations.
* Must understand and follow procedures of the department for the proper use of the department's equipment.
* Must understand and follow all distribution policies concerning safety/emergency, conduct, sanitation and current procedures designed for the department.
* Accurately take physical inventory counts of all raw materials and finished goods.
* Other functions as required (nonessential functions).
The following are required:
* High School Diploma/GED
* Good organizational skills
* Able to work both independently and with a team
* Able to follow both written and/or verbal instructions
* Strong mathematical skills
* Willing and able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
* Willing and able to lift up to 55 lbs.
* Willing and able to complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
* Willing and able to stand and/or sit for extended periods
* Willing and able to work the day shift (7:30am-3:30pm)
* Willing and able to work overtime as required
The following are preferred:
* Previous experience in a warehouse, distribution, military, or related role
* Previous experience driving a forklift
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City